What just happened??

adriancisco71

So I just upgraded to Home Designer 2020 and I'm trying to adjust elevations but when I go to 3D. This is what I'm seeing!!! My walls are missing!!!! Also, What's up with those beams sticking out my tower roof??? What is going on??

Screenshot 2020-05-13 13.42.33.png

I would guess that one of the last things you did on this plan was to build the foundation or perhaps you built this foundation BEFORE you changed the differing floor heights on the first and second floors. In any case the main thing you did that caused the plan file to corrupt and turn into "Bizarro World" was to not make the foundation match the floors above in terms of closed spaces in the foundation that match the floor level changes on floor one and two (they all must match from floor to floor perfectly or things go South as they did do). Straighten out your floors on all three floors carefully so they match the foundation and first floor levels and that should bring things back to workable.

This will be, when you finish it, a terrific home, you have done well but in no ways perfect (which this type of geometry demands) to have it come off as you wish. clean it up and fix the foundation as above and I think you can then salvage this project. 

YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS SOMETHING YOU DID AND NOT THE SOFTWARE. Upgrading did not cause this unwanted situation, you did. But you can fix it.

DJP

Untitled 1.jpg

rear.jpg

Thank you so much David! I kept playing with the program and discovered exactly what you were talking about. Seems to be all good now! And just to be clear; I realize the software is not to blame. I just don't have enough knowledge about the software to know how to fix mistakes I make right away. Sometimes I don't realize I made a mistake till I look at the 3D view. Then I have to go back and try to figure out what I need to do to fix it. I'm no architect but my wife and I decided to design our own home so we're playing with this program. I truly love it but wish I had more knowledge on how it works. I'll keep hacking away till I have something that a REAL architect can decipher once it comes time to build. Thanks again and I know I'll definitely have a thousand more dumb questions to post in the Q&A. 

• Upvote 1