When I zoom in with my mouse the picture goes away

A2F1EDN-3P26Q1N

Hi Guys,

I have Home Designer Pro 7.0 and after many years of great service my program is having a problem.

When I zoom in using my mouse the hour glass pops up for a split second and the page goes white.
I need to then close the plan & re-open it. It opens up just fine, I can do a course zoom in and out with the magnifying tools, I can work in the plan and make & save changes but as soon as I touch the wheel on my mouse it goes away and I cant get it back.  

Oh and yes I switched my mouse out for my wife's and it does the same thing so I'm pretty sure its not the mouse and I have shut down the computer a few times and did a reboot but no luck.

Any ideas?? 

Joe

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forum.

Have there been any other changes with your computer setup?  New operating system?  New hardware?

Have you attempted to fix the problem by updating your mouse or video drivers?  How about a reinstall of the software?

If all else fails, you should contact Customer Support so that they can work through the problem with you.

Good luck. :)

Thanks for the quick response guys,

I have not changed anything on my computer, Im using windows 7 professional for about the last 4 years, I have not downloaded any new software or added any new devices or made any changes in the last year. It just worked one day and stopped working correctly a week later when I went to make changes to my current project.

If you don't think there is any other ideas to try I would be happy to contact customer support.

I Appreciate your help,

Joe

perhaps check that Windows update didn't auto install any software recently , eg new mouse drivers or video drivers if you allow that to be done automatically. Logitech and other companies also have auto update features built in now , so a recent driver revision /update may be the cause.

M.