Bow, Bay and Box window

ChiefJeet

Hi. I am trying to create Bow, Bay and Box window without the brick sections in between the windows. I can edit the individual window but at maximum, it still leaves brick sections. I have seen some of your older posts which suggests drawing individual walls and windows but it seems to long winded if you have to do it frequently. Are there any further developments or upgrades on this? I am using Home Designer Architectural 2021 in Windows 10

I don't know if Architectural has this option, yet with Pro you can open up the window unit and select the wall type. I am thinking that you have the default for your plan with brick, so if you change the wall for the bay/bow to something else, it may solve your problem?

You can use the auto tools to get the shape as you like, then trace the outside main layer with a CAD line.

Delete the auto generated walls and using the wall type of your choice trace over the CAD lines. Walls easily snap to and follow CAD.

Windows can only get so wide -- they will hit on the inside.

Look under Window Defaults and make sure Minimum Separation is set to 0.

OK. Thanks Eric. Done it by drawing thinner walls and entering the windows manually. The windows then touches on the inside and only leaves a smaller gap on the outside to an acceptable standard. Shame that this cannot be grouped and saved in the library. Thanks guys.