Difficult Roof HELP PLEASE

Kristine

I've read the tutorials, I've watched the videos, I've spent hours playing with roof planes though I just can't make this work.

I tend to use Home Designer for interiors so exteriors are a bit foreign to me. If anyone can help with some clear and specific advice about how to replicate this roof I would really appreciate it.

I've tried building entirely from scratch and modifying the auto roof, I just don't know the best way to go about this. I keep getting weird results and am really struggling.

I am producing this for aesthetics only so although I want it to look as close to the photos as possible it doesn't need to be "build" accurate. Sorry, I know they're not the best photos though they're all I have.

Thank you.

Before.jpg

video-1588371675_Moment.jpg

Thanks.

Yes, I only care about the front. Sorry, I don't know any of the pitches (or house dimensions for that matter). A friend wanted me to help her with some new facade colour schemes so I am purely using her photos and don't need 100% accuracy (as you will see from my plan so far it's not perfect). I decided it would be a good learning exercise.

I have attached the file.

Concept 1.plan

1 hour ago, Kristine said:

(or house dimensions for that matter).

It matters a lot IF you wish to create a roof system very much like the photo. One also needs to know the existing ceiling heights per floor and per room. To merely look like the photo generally, then "no". It matters more what you want than what the photo shows.

DJP