Ceiling Designs

BAllenII

I am trying to create a two step up tray ceiling (16" total above the 109 1/8 ceiling).  I raised the ceiling level and used the soffit tool like the videos instructed.  The issue is that the larger of the soffit sticks out of the roof.  If I choose the attach to bottom of ceiling or bottom of roof, I get a sloped soffit, which isn't what I want.  I thought about defining a room inside of a room and raising the ceiling in the center room, but then it leaves a gap where the sheetrock would normally cover.   I'm working on submitting this to the truss company for design then it goes to the engineers.

Any suggestions?

Turned on signature and added. Home Designer Pro 2020.  I have watched hours of video and that is where I learned that the soffit tools were how you built tray ceilings.

Any suggestions to keep the soffit from poking through the hip roof?

Thank you

BAllenII

• 2 weeks later...

After messing around with the soffits to no avail, I finally went the other route and used the defined rooms within rooms with invisible walls and taller ceiling levels for those objects.  It worked better for the truss design that actually recognized the ceiling level changes.

BAllenII