Ceiling Over rafters Not Under ?

RobynKS

Hi all HO Ho Ho it is Christmas eve here. I love Christmas but this year as of 11am Christmas day I will be home minding everyones dogs. So I am practicing my skills on HD Pro. I hope some of you will be on line as I could not have learned as much as I have with out You.

24th December.2014

How do I get the ceiling lining on 1st floor in home designer,( its called the second floor in HD Pro. see my picture). to sit on top of the rafters ?

We build the loft designs and raised loft designs by placing rafter on the top plate of the wall frames then put the T&G timber over the rafters then the battens then the blanket then more battens then the roofing.

Is it possible to show it this way in HD Pro.

My photo shows the frames with lining under the Rafters.post-620-0-55488200-1419376210_thumb.png

try removing the ceiling from the 1st floor rooms  and colour the subfloor for the 2nd floor ( ply/particleboard)  white or whatever colour you want the ceilings. The floor covering should let it show hardwood or carpet etc in normal views upstairs.

Mick.

Think I read this question wrong ? I was thinking the ceilings on the main floor but the same technique should work ,remove the ceiling lining and change the Roof sheathing to 2x6 (50x150mm) like Eric shows above. You can also change the size of some of the Roof layers to imitate the battens (purlins) ,paper, Steel Roofing etc , however you would have to draw the purlins in manually in a framing view I think and add cross hatches etc to your section views with CAD boxes etc.

M.