Door inset options

Chris_M

Have any improvements or new features been added in recent versions of Home Designer Pro to allow us to set the inset of doors?

I have a door in a 600mm thick external stone wall which I need to be able to sit approximately 100mm in from the outside of the wall. Currently it sits at the internal side of the wall which is not desirable.

My issue is basically identical to this issue which was reported in 2016:

I would really prefer not to split the external walls into different layers as this is not a true representation of the actual wall.

Screenshot of the door is attached - I want it to sit in the same way as the window to the left which has a 100mm inset.

I'm using Home Designer Pro 2021.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Chris

door.jpg

51 minutes ago, Chris_M said:

Have any improvements or new features been added in recent versions of Home Designer Pro to allow us to set the inset of doors?

None that I know of. I imagine this is low priority as typical houses in the US are not built like this.

Watch on YouTube: http://youtu.be/C3HMYUdG_44?hd=1

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any workaround for the same door inset issue but with doors that open inwards?

With two layers for the external wall (as in the video) this only seems to help for doors that open outwards - when I choose an inwards opening door it resets the inset position to the default.