Change Roof Sheathing Depth

SpeleoWorm

I was able to change the roof sheathing material from the default "OSB Horizontal" to a custom 2" Zip System R-9 Insulated Panel (which I created by copying OSB and changing the thickness as well as the texture and color), but the depth is not updated in the list of components, and it is not reflected in a cross section/elevation.  Is this a bug in the software that doesn't update the depth of the roof sheathing when you select a thicker material?

image.thumb.png.36da7483d1e4a36a3f9d34a739b6b82e.png

image.thumb.png.a0f68f7f09fc8d5d6cf9aca5f2ac9cbf.png

image.thumb.png.2a1a2d42fc66082cd7403612891b6613.png

image.thumb.png.7b2a965ea4464efcec4f5d14ff78d90c.png

I am sorry to report having looked in HD Pro 2021 and also in Chief Architect Premier X12 that the input boxes you need do not exist in Pro but they do exist in Premier. In Chief you have individual material settings and input boxes for roof layers, this does not exist in any Home Designer title presently. You might make that a "Feature Request" for future versions of HD Pro.

DJP

Thanks Eric & David!  Sounds like a bug to me since they allow you to change the sheathing but it doesn't respect the material depth dimension that you have selected.  If they didn't allow you to change the sheathing material I could see that it would be a feature request, but this just appears to be a broken feature.  I will open a support case to see if they can fix it.

You are looking at the Materials List section which specifies how a material reports to it. This has nothing to do with structure.

A material is like paint, it's something you apply to show a representation in a camera view.

It sounds like you should be looking a Chief, as it has all these features that are missing from Pro.

ct1.thumb.png.73c42cc85d85f7b63ce812d0aa80d2df.png