Can't Move Wall?

JonathanC

Ok... Really newbie question....

I've just purchased Hone Designer Architectural 2021.

Following https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00150/importing-and-tracing-over-an-image-of-a-floor-plan.html i have imported a picture of an existing floor plan.

I then draw a wall beside the wall on the plan and make it the real length.

I resize the image

For the life of me, I select the wall but can't see any way to move it.  It will let me resize based on the wall properties, but I can't move the wall so that it sits over the plan.

Is there something that I've missed or something that could lock the wall in place?   Wanting to get on with tracing the plan, but can't get past this one (what should be considered simple) step!

1 hour ago, JonathanC said:

but I can't move the wall so that it sits over the plan.

When you select a wall by clicking on it, it will show edit handles that you can use to move or extend it.

Right where you click will be a square move handle. The cursor should change when you hover over it. Hold the left mouse button down and drag the wall into place.

Many thanks Eric,

I would have expected the same. All I can see are the options to change the sizing at the top and bottom, adjust width and rotate. Hence why I asked such a newbie question. It's as though for some reason the object is locked. Hovering over the red mark gives me horizontal arrows only allowing me to move it to the right or left (parallel to the existing location) but not up/down. I would have expected to see a four-way arrow to be able to move freely.

image.thumb.png.556609a61c34866cb3d8818c2dc8b268.png

The red square only lets you move horizontally left to right if the wall was drawn vertically up and down as in your example.  Movement can be up and down if the wall was drawn horizontally, and parallel to a wall drawn at an angle.  In other words, movement of the wall with the red square is at a right angle in which the wall was drawn. 

I should have mentioned also that movement of walls in more than one direction isn't done with  the red square.  You can move walls by selecting the dimensions, also by selecting the wall and using the arrow keys on your computer keyboard.  The edit handles at the end of the walls can be used to size the walls. Again the red square is used to move parallel to the wall.  I really don't know how to explain this better except to say it's all explained in the help manual.

Regards.

Managed to work around it, but still a little disappointed that I can't freely move a wall, especially when it was the first wall of the plan.

I've now managed to trace most of the floorplan, so it's now time to try "stacking doors" as opposed to bifolds. Putting in some nice 3 and 4 panel stacking doors to the rear of the house for an opening to an outdoor deck area.