Creating modern siding and garage looks

InhabitEcoDesign

I am trying to recreate a Sketchup drawing I did years ago and I have two questions. I've attached screen shots of both my SU and what i have so far in HDpro.

How do I add two types of siding to an exterior wall. I know you can do a pony wall to have the lower half different than the top half, but I'm going for an asymmetrical look, and the lap siding would not necessarily go down to the floor, or up to the "ceiling."  And I would like to trim out that area like I have in the SU drawing.  I haven't messed with the walls on the second floor yet as I wasn't sure if I should draw pony walls or whatever first. 

Also, is there a way to create custom garage doors? Without 2021, I don't have the option to adjust the glass panels, but I wouldn't want glass in each panel anyway. I would like to have just three panels of glass. I suppose I could try to find something from the Trimble library, but I was wondering if there was a way to draw glass panels on a solid panel garage door. I currently have a door from Thermatru's catalog that I put in there to at least get the effect. 

I'm sure I'll have more questions when I get to trying to draw the deck and roof and posts. 

Thanks for your help!

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.05.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.05.47 PM.png

12 minutes ago, InhabitEcoDesign said:

How do I add two types of siding to an exterior wall.

You mentioned using a Pony Wall.

You can break a wall and assign a different siding to the new wall segment.

You can use a Custom Backsplash -- probably the simplest way.

14 minutes ago, InhabitEcoDesign said:

is there a way to create custom garage doors?

Place a garage door from the library and set it to show open in 3D. Or maybe a Doorway.

Create a new door from soffits, slabs etc. Block the parts together. Won't look so good in Vector View because of the extra lines, but will look seamless in Standard View.

Create one in SketchUp and import.

Thanks Eric!   I broke the wall and then used "wall covering" on the outside. You can direct the heights of the material there, so that gives me the ability to put the siding where I want, but I can't put a trim border around it.   I haven't messed with making a custom backsplash before, so I can try that as well. Will I be able to add trim borders in that?  

Here's what I have so far.

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 5.04.25 PM.png