A works in progress - unusual wall outcome results.....

Robborito

Hi QA Forum....

I have attached a plan of a project that I cannot resolve or see where my defaults and specification of structure has given the result  - I need direction with this please;

The three pics detail the results that was the outcome - and I suspect I have mixed up the defaults somewhere - but cannot see where exactly;

All was fine with all walls, roofs, foundations etc - until I added some external steel clad walls to the edge of the garage doors creating an alcove or extended area forward of the garage doors - pretty straightforward - and now I have these other walls that have appeared ( as shown in the images attached )

The plan file is here also for anyone who has the urge to investigate a solution on it.

I am sure it must be something I have or have not told the structure defaults - but I am lost as to what that is exactly.

I just cannot see it - it needs more experienced eyes.

Thanks in advance.

Plan 1.png

Plan 1a.png

Plan 1b.png

AbbottSt_Version3.plan

22 minutes ago, solver said:

You cannot delete or redraw the problem walls?

If I try to redraw the wall thats the problem(I assume) - I get the " the operation modifies automatically generated walls".

If I proceed with the operation - the wall disappears - but then re-appears?

I can't define the garage it seems for some reason? I can not select it as a room?

Thanks Eric.

OK - Found the problem with Garage room naming - thats all OK now, however it has complicated the appearance of the garage door and floor elevations. My goodness.

OK - it seems that room names is everything, well - it certainly helped here.

I've sorted out the wall woes thru refinement of joins and relationship to the 'Garage' room definition.

Again all important things really.

As for the door and floor elevation - sorted that in the new room ' structure'.

Thanks for the simple lead Eric.

Plan 1c.png

30 minutes ago, InhabitEcoDesign said:

how did you draw those walls in front of the garage with no foundation?

Don't know what he did, but you can draw whatever wall you like on the foundation level, or you could give the room inside a negative floor height.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, InhabitEcoDesign said:

Robborito, how did you draw those walls in front of the garage with no foundation? I like the look of them, so I'm curious how to put in something like that.  I'm a newbie and still learning. Thanks for your help!

OK - I just drew them as regular walls - the area enclosed by them is not defined. ( But could probably be 'Garage' also ) And as 'solver' says - the cladding can extend past or below the floor line, as it does, if its floor level is defined under the Room Specification 'structure' tab as a minus (-) value. ( In this case its left at 0 because the garage is sitting at 800mm ) Sorry I'm metric....The model or plan file, is attached so you can have look into it if you want. ( its metric also..)