Different Foundation Step Between Garage & Porch (mono slab)

SpeleoWorm

I have spent a long time trying to figure this one out, but after recreating the walls, changing the room types, rebuilding the foundation, etc. many times, it still shows up different on one side of the building than the other.  This is a standard duplex layout with two garages in the center and entry porches on either side.  In one of the units it makes the wall between the porch and the garage flush, while on the other side it is stepped (see highlighted are below).  I am using auto-build foundations, and everything else is great.

image.thumb.png.f9b9339908d678c29d2dc40508b91323.png

Below is the same image with the reference display turned on so that you can see how it is lining up the walls.

image.thumb.png.fc0d4b169d19b8ae8bd75ddc07ebd6de.png

In the image below you can see that the porches are the same size, but the auto-created rooms in the foundation level (above) are not the same size.

image.thumb.png.575d130b1179ddce42348cc0e6072abb.png

I know it is probably something tiny that I am missing, but I can't figure it out.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

I had to zip it up because it is too big to post.

I think I would prefer no step so that there would be more room for the trash cans in the very small two car garage, but to be honest with you, I would be happy with it either way as long as I could get them to match :)

Edited by SpeleoWorm
Removed personal plans from public forum

I was afraid of that, and hoping it wasn't the case...I have to copy this house 15 times onto a varied terrain plot, so there is a lot of adjusting when you have to place houses at different elevations, and it is easier to do with auto-foundations enabled.

What I thought was weird was that Home Designer auto generated a different size room for the porch on the foundation level (under the same size room on the 1st floor level).  I thought that might help me figure out why it was happening, but it just left me more confused.

Thanks for your help!

I understand...it is just a big pain when you have to do it 15 times and everything runs really slowly because the app doesn't do well with multi-home plans (any change can take 30-60 seconds, even with no 3D, limited items displayed, and things super optimized).

I started a support case and will see what they say.  Thanks again!

FYI, I started a support case last Wednesday, but so far they have not been able to figure out why Home Designer is auto-creating different foundation structures on either side of the house.  Initially they thought it was an alignment issue, but we lined everything up and it still doesn't work.  I will let you know if they figure it out, or if it is a bug in the software.