Floor framing

EYEPROBLEM

I am adding a room into an existing garage. I drew in a foundation wall for the new end, the other end will sit on the existing foundation wall. How do I add joists and rim joist  for the new room. I am new to Pro and any help would be appreciated.  I'm also having trouble getting a new roof to sit on the wall on one end, when I frame in the roof, the one wall extends higher and the trusses dont sit on the other wall. Thanks for any help. Stay safe!

8 minutes ago, EYEPROBLEM said:

I am adding a room into an existing garage. I drew in a foundation wall for the new end, the other end will sit on the existing foundation wall. How do I add joists and rim joist  for the new room. I am new to Pro and any help would be appreciated.  I'm also having trouble getting a new roof to sit on the wall on one end, when I frame in the roof, the one wall extends higher and the trusses dont sit on the other wall. Thanks for any help. Stay safe!

I'd suggest reviewing the hour long getting started webinars for Home Designer found on YouTube. Sounds like you are trying to manually do what the program will automatically do for you.

And pictures (screen captures) will help others see what you see.

Attaching your plan file (close Pro first) is always a good idea too.

I have watched every webinar and training video, including what is on UTube. I cannot find an answer or reason for the issues.  A lot of information to take in while your managing 4 high end whole house remodels and 2 new houses. Thanks for any help.

Ranger Up!

Number zero: Set the room dialog boxes-Structure Tabs to the style of floor and ceiling framing you desire.

Number one: Set all values to what you intend to use on the project in "Edit - Default Settings - Framing (all categories and floors)

#2: Order that framing be built (Walls, Roofs, ceilings and floors)

#3: check the results for correctness and then manually edit what is not found to be correct.

You can view the results using a "Framing Overview camera or in plan view turn on the framing layers that you wish to see so you can evaluate and edit them as you see fit.

DJP