First Floor wall shifting upwards with creation of split level

AusRobK

After much work on the overall structure and roof flow (which went great),  I re-entered the building to note that the wall of the ground floor of the house had moved up to the new base level of the split floor above and behind. Following things checked or tested: Siding facing the correct way, breaking the main walls between 2 two sections (and testing whole), Wall type hip and high gable, with and without existing foundations. Very much appreciate any help as this wasn't an issue on previous versions of this plan. 

ScreenShot006.jpg

ScreenShot008.jpg

Current State closer v2.plan

Several rooms had improper settings for vaulted ceiling rooms, which when corrected allowed the software to file in missing attic walls. On the problem with the gaps in the interior wall, I found nothing that Suite is capable of fixing (I easily repaired the wall poly-line using Premier but Suite does not have that ability, HD Pro does but no other HD titles) .Perhaps someone (like Jo_Ann) can take a look and come up with a workable solution using Suite alone.

DJP

Current State closer v2.plan

You raised part of the 1st floor level, to create the split level. 

Of course the interior wall and the foundation level had to rise as well.  WHAT DID YOU EXPECT???

Turn on the floor reference tool.   Go to the foundation level and draw an interior wall where  the missing wall is supposed to be.  Align it with the wall above.

WHY are you using siding walls in the interior of the house?!
Your stairs and their surrounding walls need a lot of work, too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jo_Ann said:

You raised part of the 1st floor level, to create the split level. 

Of course the interior wall and the foundation level had to rise as well.  WHAT DID YOU EXPECT???

Turn on the floor reference tool.   Go to the foundation level and draw an interior wall where  the missing wall is supposed to be.  Align it with the wall above.

WHY are you using siding walls in the interior of the house?!
Your stairs and their surrounding walls need a lot of work, too.

I knew you would figure it out pronto, thanks!

DJP

Ah shucks, Jo_Ann beat me to it.

Like I said in the other thread, you keep tweaking and changing things, it gets difficult for the design to be what you want.

To add to her findings, turn auto rebuild foundation and roofs on and keep them on.

Change the floor heights for the back rooms to 0

For the stairs, draw another stair on the opposite side and use the landing tool, that will raise the stair to the second floor.

Since you knowledge of the interior and exterior of the house why are you building it different?

It would more helpful if you could upload pictures of the front, rear and the other side of the house.

also name the rooms to what they are.

Here's what I have sofar for the first floor

Butterfly.thumb.PNG.744992f4f8fddb3ef87d3a2da2781c9d.PNG

@Jo_Ann,

I know that, but like you stated you can't tell what he wants. So I figured start from the basics and go from there.

First, If you look at the interior design, there's rooms on the second floor, how would you get to them?

Is the foundation a crawlspace or basement? If it's a basement how would you get to it?

The back part of the roof is not a butterfly, it's a straight shed roof, from looking at the pic.

The second floor has to be completed, if not the stairs will lead to attic space.

IMHO the second version is worst that the first version

If you haven't already, check the terrain perimeter and terrain elevation.

You're going to laugh and shake head....

Thanks all..

Jo_Ann, The siding was used so I can see the exterior facing correctly, per the split level tutorials from ChiefArchitect, when troubleshooting. I don't recall drawing a wall on the foundation level in yesterdays model, but this definitely fixed it. 

I kept the details short on this request because of the support already provided in the other . I know that there are other issues in the building, to re-iterate I am drawing up a building which already exists hence its weird layout, also the terrain and retaining wall to match an existing property. Appreciate any helpful thoughts on terrain techniques though LawB10, once you've stopped laughing... :)

Just to keep you laughing after saving the work done on the old map with your guidance yesterday, (built up in a plan with a generic terrain profile( and closing the files. for the day, the next day I got the lovely "the file contains no data" error. So i lost all that work and am applying all the adjustments to a previous version done earlier.  

20200418_091113.jpg

Did some work on the stairs, it is close. Any suggestions on how to fill that gap in the wall, without creating a wall? You can see that the stairwell is just dry-walled into a box in real life. 

20200418_103208.jpg

20200418_103514.jpg

ScreenShot010.jpg

ScreenShot009.jpg

34 minutes ago, Jo_Ann said:

Did you look in the 'Archives' folder, for a saved copy of the plan?

Wow. It put it all by default in a location I never use - it is there. THANK YOU. I still need to work on the new terrain map but I can now review all the fixes you directed and ensure all are applied. Thank you again. 

Open that stair, and put a check mark in the 'open underneath' box, to get rid of the wall.

You will then need to use a wedge shape from the library, to cover up the hole.

It actually took 1 wedge, and 2 closed box shapes to correctly fill the hole.

image.thumb.png.520da0394d7f3233604054abe6291356.png

AusRobK,

When using elevation tools, you have to uncheck  Automatic and flatten pad to get the elevations to work correctly.

I rarely use elevation lines, I use elevation regions instead, easier to work with and you have more control.

It appears the land is sloped, but the house itself sits on flat land, my guess is the house is surrounded by retaining walls.

Remember the height of the elevated region determines the height of the retaining wall.

Because Suite doesn't have manual roofing and ceiling tools, you have to build a second floor and lower the ceiling

heights, also the walls have to be in a specific spot in the plan, you may have the correct dimensions for the house and rooms

but they still have to be in a specific spot within the plan, if not the roof will not build like you want it to.

Put a roof over the "Balcony" lol it's really a Porch as balconies are on the upper floors, to keep the porch foundation

don't make walls the invisible, you do that after you turn off auto rebuild foundation and the porch foundation will stay.