roofs

mmills

I am definitely not a pro Chief Architect but do alright. 

Am trying to figure out a roof problem. I have a basic rectangular first floor plan. I need to split it in half with the left half remaining 1 story with 4/12 gable roof. The right side would have a second story wall on the back side of the house with a 4/12 pitch but the front of the roof would be a 12/12 that continues all the way down to the first floor wall height. I have tried several different ways to do this with no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks

image.thumb.png.d60b7f7e1aae96b6932b8f6e8e8cbaf4.pngThis shows my second floor overlaid on the first. The second floor roof is mostly correct. The first floor has the correct pitch on the back 4/12 but I cannot get it to put a 4/12 on the front of the first floor. Tried a wall break. Am using Home Designer 2020 software

Jo_Ann,

You definitely got the first floor right. How?

The second floor is supposed to be a 4/12 on the back side with 12/12 on the 2 ends of the second floor and a 3/12 shed dormer look in the middle. In the picture, the far end and middle section of the second floor are correct but the end closest to you should be like the other end. Extend all the way to the front wall.

Thanks, 

This is as close as I could get it to what I am after. The first floor is existing. The roof on basically the left side of the house is existing and will remain. The roof on the right side will be removed and add a second floor on approximately the back 2/3 of the house plus the shed dormer area sticking out to the existing front wall. There would be attic space to the left and right of the shed dormer. I had to separate the two sides to get the look I was after. When I join them together it goes back to the original look I posted. 

Thanks again, 

Mike

collins front elevation.pdf

Jo_Ann,

I know that, why not just download the trial version of Premier, it does everything the other products do.

Try this, open a plan in the trial version, use the snipping tool, paste it to HDA  work your magic and

then upload the finished plan.

That way you can see how it was done.