DIMENSIONS - PITA

GLOBE-Res

Why are dimensions such a pita to work with? 

I want to move the "thing" at 1 and the "thing" at 2.  but I can't.  I have to go in to the Specification editor to do this. EVERY Time! Can't this be simpler?!

HD DIMENSION ISSUES.jpg

• Downvote 2

Complaining is an indication of personal displeasure but none of it has communicated what, in particular, you wish to do but can't. Any software is pre-programmed to function in a particular way. I have been using and teaching this software for over twenty years, to Engineers, Architects, Developers, Builders and remodelers and none of them had such undefined complaints as you. Eric and I would be happy to help you if you could only take the time, using language as your communication tool and convey what, exactly you wish to have happen but you cannot. You can edit dimension points manually but in most cases, you can only dimension to a dimension point on 2D-3D surfaces. Thre is a particular dimension tool that creates its own dimension points which can be placed where you wish. The main point of dimensions is to graphically show distances from indicated points (dimension points). Merely saying that something "Sucks" does not lend itself to any possible solution, try something else is my advice.

\

DJP

I think the only dimensions you can adjust by grabbing the arrows are point-to-point dimensions.  I believe, without spending too much time on it, all the other dimensions snap according to their defaults and settings.  I'm assuming that grabbing the arrows to change the dimension instead of using the text box is what you are looking to do and this is the only thing I can see that works.  I've never had to do what you are asking because I usually use object snaps which has always worked for me.

• Upvote 1