Adjacent material appearance....

Robborito

I applied a material I have used from the HDPro Library for the floor finish to two adjoining rooms.

The material appears differently in each room as shown in the attached image taken from the model;

Does anyone have any suggestions please as to why this could be;

All the specs for the floor material to both rooms is identical - yet I have this accidental and non cohesive look.

The material delineation is quite noticeable.

I have deleted the material and re-applied other similar materials to the floor and the same instance occurs.

I did not include the plan file as I was simply after first impressions and comments - if any? - as to what the cause might be.

That's all - Many thanks to you all.

Robborito_FloorColor.jpg

If you do not wish to see lighting effects and shadow lines then stop using PBR or Standard render cameras where those things are Standard and is what you are complaining of (realism). When you use a Vector View camera you only see lines and colors though shadows can be turned on or off even in that camera type. This is fully explained in your embedded "Reference Manual" under the subject of "Camera Types" and "Rendering Techniques".. In the "Real World" not all surfaces appear exactly the same hue due to lighting effects and shadowing effects.

DJP

8 hours ago, Robborito said:

I did not include the plan file as I was simply after first impressions and comments - if any?

My impression is that there is a difference.

If you want suggestions on why, or how to resolve the issue, then we need the plan.

It looks like you might have a room divider where your color changes.  We'll need to see the plan to be sure, but I'm guessing if you made the kitchen and outer area one room, then you'd get a more consistent floor.

Let us know how it goes.

On 4/7/2020 at 4:11 AM, Chief_Content said:

It looks like you might have a room divider where your color changes.  We'll need to see the plan to be sure, but I'm guessing if you made the kitchen and outer area one room, then you'd get a more consistent floor.

Let us know how it goes.

Yes - of course. You are spot on there - I do have a doorway between the rooms (not wall/room divider) - both rooms have different ceiling treatments - one has a flat ceiling - the other is raked or sloped to the roof structure; I am not immediately familiar as to how I combine two rooms into one - but I will explore the content of your suggestion. Thank you.

Plan file is attached.

Black_DualOcc_Interiors.plan

11 minutes ago, Robborito said:

I do have a doorway between the rooms (not wall/room divider)

You have a wall that contains the doorway.

If you turn off the sun, the floors look the same.

Make the dividing wall invisible and the floors look the same.

This looks like a bug in PBR. It shows reflections on the kitchen floor, but they do not cross into the adjacent room.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2020 at 4:11 AM, Chief_Content said:

I'm guessing if you made the kitchen and outer area one room, then you'd get a more consistent floor.

Let us know how it goes.

OK - I made the two rooms into one room as you suggested - and jackpot, floor finish looks correct across the two spaces; No need t do anything else. Now why didn't I think of that. I will next time - so thank you again Chief_Content.

Thanks to all other for their input also.

Robborito_FloorColor_fixed.jpg