Roof Rookie

Asa_West

Hello,

Please refer to the image below as well as the two attached plans.

I am trying to design an addition onto our existing house. The new addition will be a single addition on the back of the house, shown inside the rounded square highlight. Our second floor is inside the roof, like a cape cod cottage style house. I have attached the model of the base house with our actual roof line. I have also attached the model with the addition drawn and the roof error as a result of trying to auto create the roof. The roof in the addition is how I would like it too look, however I can't figure out how to work the two roofs independently in the roof builder. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Asa

275304106_RoofError.thumb.png.d048f2d47e0a0e35577b1b1df93894ba.png

2074113253_ExistingHouse.thumb.png.67bfe6a44f1bceaa4a6d62e3dcf4b890.png

1936496791_ExistingHouseSide.thumb.png.fa7ac9f7223b43543769f5a9d0e56f36.png

West House Addition - Roof Error.plan

West House Addition R0.plan

Oops -- thought I was looking at Suite.

I see you have Ignore Top Floor checked. Is that the only way you could get the roof to build?

If you uncheck that, the addition roof builds, but the original roof changes.

Make sure you uncheck "Ignore the second floor" and build the second floor the same as the first floor minus

the addition.

Uncheck upper pitch on the back wall on the first and second floor.

Gable the side and middle wall (s) on the first and second floor.

On the second floor  @ the middle wall, draw a wall that makes two rooms, then a wall

that creates a front and back room, make both front rooms attic, move the wall and lower the back rooms

until they line up. You should have a Salt box roof. Set the pitch on the back wall  and front main walls.

Uncheck auto rebuild roofs and reset to the default ceiling height.