How to stop HD Pro from building a roof on my lower story outside walkways?

DeltaHome

I have HD Pro 2021.

My house is three stories.

The first is a 12 foot high 28 foot wide concrete flood foundation which is used for access parking and storage.

The second story which sits on top of the 12 foot high foundation is only 20 feet wide.

Accordingly, the second story has a 4 foot outside walkway on each of the long sides.

The third story has the same foot print as the second story although 1/4 of the third story is an open deck without a roof.

When I build the roof, HD places roofs on the lower outside walkways and over the third story open deck.

How do I stop HD from building roof over my lower story outside walkways and over the third floor deck?

I'm thinking you have "auto rebuild roofs" checked? Once you have finished with all of the roofs, uncheck that, then click on the roofs you don't want and delete them. Without seeing the plan, that's my guess on the fix.

• Like 1

Hmmm... I don't see such a box in the Build->Roofs menu.

Also I tried snipping a 3D camera perspective but Snip tool would not work on the displayed 3D house.

And I did watch four tutorials and also searched, but only found an option for placing the roof over the walkway not for preventing it from being placed  over the walkway.

I tried to prevent the auto roof from roofing everything.  So, after reading the Help I thought I needed to create a manual roof via the Polylines.  But no, I don't know what I am doing.  But I will eventually, and would prefer sooner than later!

And I can't figure out how to select the second story room and center it so that the walkways are even on both sides.

So Bob is not my Uncle.

(I am racking up my post count here though...)

In your elevations, I do NOT see the side decks on the second floor, are those roofs and if so are they hip or shed roofs? What pitch are they please? (You defaults set in the Build Roof dialog are set to 12/12)

And I see now that the third-floor deck is to be covered.

DJP

David,
David,

DAVID !!!

Eric

Eric,

ERIC !!!

Thank both so much!  Both of you went way beyond my wildest expectations for a forum.

I have headphones on, am watching both your videos on Youtube in HD 1080p and are studying what and how you did it.

Thank you both again!

P.S. David thank you for the revised plan for me to work with.

Back soon when I have fulfilled my obligation to know more about what I am doing...

• Like 1