Vaulted ceiling

JimM58

I'm trying to add a vaulted ceiling 8:12 over the living room and kitchen.  The original roof over the bedrooms is 4:12. I'm using Home Designer Architectural 2020.  I can't get the 8:12 vault ceiling, it continually defaults to add the 4:12 ceiling in the living room.  I have tried invisible walls, and invisible railings.  Can someone help me on this? Floor plan attached.

floor plan addition.jpg

Interior kitchen.jpg

If you set roof defaults to 4:12, that is what you will get when you uncheck "Flat ceiling under this roof" on its "Structure Tab" which then makes the underside of the roof planes the "vaulted ceiling". If you wish an 8:12 common rafter vaulted ceiling, the roof planes above that room must also be set to 8:12 by setting the walls that hold up those roof planes to 8:12 on their "Roof Tab" in their "Wall Specification Dailots - Roof Tab - pitch input box" per wall. You set global roof defaults in the "Build Roof Dialog - Pitch" input box and where you wish exceptions in roof pitch, in the wall specification dialog - Roof Tab - Pitch dialog. All of this is explained in your Reference Manual and Help files and also the "Roof Styles Tab" of the "Build Roof Dialog"

DJP

Is it the invading/protruding part of the bedroom roof, into the vaulted living area, what you are referring to?

The only way to fix that is to cover it with a carefully set sloped soffit.

Place the soffit in the attic level, then drag it down.  Placing it on the attic layer, will prevent it from hindering your view of the living area, when using the dollhouse view camera.