Double Gable Issues in HD Architectural

ARK1985

Hello,

I'm struggling to get HD Architectural to properly build a "double" gable roof line (not sure of the proper term).  The attached picture outlines the issue, but basically I am looking for the "minor" gable to have a ceiling line extending all the way into the house, thus allowing the wall on the "major" gable to close up completely.  Currently, if I extend the wall on the 2nd floor to close up the open space on the "major" gable, I end up with part of that wall hanging into the bedroom (the space occupied by the "minor" gable).  Is there a way to make this work in HD Architectural, or do I need to upgrade to "Pro" to make it happen?  I found some videos that outlined how to potentially correct this issue, but they were using HD Pro to do it.

I'm attaching the picture as well as the plan file.

Thanks in advance for the help.  

Double Gable Issue.png

Plan_1_-_New_Master_Suite__2.plan

Eric,

Thanks for the reply.  Per your suggestion, I added my version number to my signature line.

I researched the "Roof Cuts Wall at Bottom" setting as you suggested, and I do think that is the setting required for my wall in order to achieve the results I'm looking for.  The problem is, I'm struggling to find that setting in HD Architectural 2017.  The various videos and postings that I have found seem to all be related to HD Pro.  In addition, roof planes themselves are not editable in HD Architectural, which I confirmed via the built in Help system.

I'm suspicious that my problem is something that can only be fixed in HD Pro, which would be a bit of a disappointment.

Is there something that I'm missing, or is this roof type not achievable in HD Architectural?

7 minutes ago, ARK1985 said:

The problem is, I'm struggling to find that setting in HD Architectural 2017. 

Looks like Architectural does not have that option.

7 minutes ago, ARK1985 said:

The various videos and postings that I have found seem to all be related to HD Pro. 

All the videos use Pro.

9 minutes ago, ARK1985 said:

or is this roof type not achievable in HD Architectural?

Do you just want to fill in the wall, or does the roof need to change too?

You may need to use an Inverted Wedge, and a Wedge from the library to fill in. You would need 2 of each, one for the interior finish and one for the exterior.

David and Eric,

Thanks so much for the help!  I think you guys confirmed what I thought was the case regarding this issue, which is that I may need to upgrade to Pro to get the features that I am looking for.  I've been considering upgrading for other reasons, so maybe this will push us over the edge.

David, thanks for taking the time to pull open the plan and post a video!  I opened your version of the plan in HD Architectural, and your changes seem to have stayed with it.  I'll continue playing around with this bedroom concept, your fix helps eliminate the glaring hole in our wall that was making it hard to visualize the finished room!

Thanks again!

Here's a modified version of the plan.

I unchecked "ignore top floor" and lowered the Loft, room over the Great room and Stairwell ceiling heights to 0"

The Bathroom, Bonus room to 60" the bedroom and porch to 48".

Deleted the Cabinet that was blocking entrance to the Pantry, checked the floor finish for the Dining and Kitchen

and pantry.

Created rooms over the Master Bedroom and Master Bath, and made them open below which fixed the gap.

Manually built the dormers, the left side auto dormer would not work, the right side did.

Turned on terrain features and redid the elevation regions

Turned off Auto rebuild roofs and reset the ceiling heights.

Plan_1_-_New_Master_Suite__2-1.plan