Bonus Room Dormer

MississippiMims

I'm looking for some help building a bonus room dormer.  I have attached a plan I am working on and have laid out the interior 2nd floor walls.  I turned off auto rebuild roofs so the original roof wouldn't do anything crazy.  Now I am trying to build the dormer.  I've watched a few tutorials but haven't been successful in translating them into my plan.  

Slaven_2.plan

8 minutes ago, MississippiMims said:

Now I am trying to build the dormer.  I've watched a few tutorials but haven't been successful in translating them into my plan.  

What's the problem?

What does the new dormer need to look like?

Have you searched the forum for dormer? DJP and I have both posted videos recently.

I must not have the right options picked.  When I try the auto dormer, the floating dormer says "cannot place dormer here, other walls are in the way" and the auto dormer says "can't find a wall to place the rear of this dormer".  I found a tutorial on youtube for manual dormer but it requires drawing a polyline over the the walls and converting it to a hole in roof.  When I open the convert dialogue for the polyline in my program, I don't have that option.