Shed dormer help

jazzsqueal

Thanks for the response,

I don't see anywhere that states the title.  on the "about" page its CA HD Interiors 2018...

That being said, I don't believe there are much for dormer options other than manually drawing them in.  I seem to stumble once the roof auto adjusts.  

I will attach a copy of plan

Thanks again,

Jayme

105 South Drive v1 pre dormer.plan

Then you will need to rethink how this is built. When I rebuild the roof, everything changes, and to get a dormer, the roof has to rebuild.

Have you considered an upgrade to Suite? i have no experience with Interiors and it does not even seem to be available today.

The basics are simple. Make a room where you want the dormer. break the front wall and set the pitch. Set the side walls to Full Gable. Build the roof. You will need to uncheck Ignore Top Floor.

h1.thumb.png.600c5c2365a8019ab792fe91dd04f7a7.png

Not too difficult, but it's what I do :)

Make a copy of the plan.

Set your plan defaults. 1st floor ceiling heights etc.

Start with Edit>Reset to Defaults. Choose All Floors and check all boxes below.

Set the default pitch in the Build Roof dialog and uncheck Ignore Top Floor. Check Auto Rebuild.

Make the Attic room Unspecified and set its ceiling to 1.5". Set the ceiling height in the room over the garage to 24".

Set the walls as required to Full Gable and set the pitch for the roof planes that are not the default.

Draw in the walls forming the dormer and set the room they form to the default ceiling height -- 8' ?

Make changes as needed.

As of now I am focussing on just that lofted room above garage, and the ceiling heights, etc of the other floors are irrelevant at this point.  suppose im happy with how that room is layed out, and simply want to add this shed dormer, do I have to go thru all of these default settings and resets, etc?  I still seem to be stumbling here with this auto roof as it keeps altering everything to the extreme...and seem to struggle with your much appreciated instruction.  I thought I was better with this software once upon a time