SETTING UP A FULL DRAWING SHEET

RichyB

Hi,

Still new to the software HDA 2020

My question is, how do I set up all 2D plans, elevations and cross sections for a house design

so that everything can be viewed, worked on and printed on the same sheet - say A1 size.

Can't find any training videos or help topics on this.

• Downvote 1

Setting up to print views to scale.

11 minutes ago, RichyB said:

Can it be done in HDA? 

In Architectural NO, it is not possible to print to scale a plan views, detail views and section views in Suite, Interiors or Architectural. The application that does is called Home Designer Pro which has an additional file output called a ".layout" file or sheet. Using this sheet you can send scaled views (plan, elevation and details) to it at different scales. Each ".layout" file can then represent a printed scaled, laid out sheet at a size of your choice. The largest sheet size Pro prints is 18" x 24" PDF or to paper.

With what you have, you  can print plan views at scale to a paper size per print and then a single elevation per print, and details to a particular size per print (I have no idea what  the paper size "A1" is?) Please state that size in inches.

DJP

44 minutes ago, RichyB said:

I may need to upgrade to pro when I can afford it..

You can create a set of plans, elevations and details in Architectural but just one screen set at a time (It can be done). I do not receive a commission if you do upgrade, I am just trying to communicate what is True. You can contact Chief Architect Sales to find out how much the upgrade will cost, they should lower the cost since you have Architectural but ask them.

DJP

2 hours ago, RichyB said:

Why have I got a mark against me, have I done something wrong?

Wasn't me but someone mistakenly or on purpose due to misunderstanding your intent, did that (such adjudications are kept private, sorry). Don't worry about that, it is just someone's opinion.

DJP

I wonder if there is a way to export each individual section of a complete house design (plan, elevation, section, site plan etc) onto a complete A1/A0 size sheet in another program. I like to make my planning and building regs applications to the local authority on one large A1/A0 PDF sheet. There must be a way to do it.....

Richy B, it never occurred to me that you were speaking of Metric Paper sizes (we Yankees are hopelessly set in our "Imperial" (inches, feet, yards, miles) ways", that is why I did not understand what you were talking about (see above).

In your metric Print Drivers You should be able to figure out what can and cannot be done. Pasting several sheets together to arrive at a product seems pretty "iffy" to me, I would recommend that you set up for a sheet that is close to half as large, print that page to PDF or paper and then have a print shop scan and up size that by 200% (twice as large), you also annotate your scale text twice as large for the final print out. That has worked well here in the US for years to get around small paper size limitations, try that.

DJP

Hi David,

That's one solution I agree, but I was also wondering if I could import the individual plans and elevations in dwg format from HDA into my Autosketch software just for the printing/output processes. I've used Autosketch for many years; it is a very versatile program, but laborious. I could maybe cut and paste the HDA segments onto an A1/A0 layout sheet with title block etc. Do you think that might be an option? I greatly value your advise by the way, HDA is a great little piece of software for the instant creation of the elevations, which my Autosketch software can't do as it is only 2D.