Drywall showing through to overhang on roof

KnotSquare

I am using I-Joists to frame the roof. Drywall keeps showing through to the outside of the building. Autobuild roofs does not roof but one end of the building. I then stretch if across and then manually add roof planes for the gable roof over the window wall. This area shows through with drywall on the outside too, likely from extending the roof planes from the interior out. I don't know the correct way to resolve these issues.

Ground Floor Roof Framing.JPG

Roof Issues.JPG

Section 1.JPG

Section Near Gable Ridge.JPG

Upper Level Roof Framing.JPG

Attic Roof Plan.JPG

Eric,

I have a file that is 44MB. How do I add it? The max file size is 25MB.

I added my version of X12 to my profile on this site. I have read you say this to many, but do not know how to upgrade that information to my "signature".. Please add this info to your response. I added my computer specs as well in my profile. I did not mention that I recently bought a Surface Pro 7. This does run Windows 10. Once my Surface is fully functional, I will upgrade my Dell Precision M6800 scalable laptop to Windows 10 as well with more RAM and better HD space.. I had hardware failure with my first Surface, but today received the replacement. Either way, I can run Chief on 7 or 10. The Surface is full windows, the largest and best they make..

Mark

Thank you very much. This has been a contention that has driven me, well, up a wall.

I do have a question remaining that you may or may not be able to answer, but may lead us to discover what is happening.

Even with the roofs building correctly, when on Level 2, notice that there are a couple of artifacts of the Garage walls that are just outlines, and not poched. At one poiint these short wall remnants built full height outside of the livable area above the garage roof to eave of that gable end off the Master Bath and Bedroom.

Any idea what these are, why they come in as just an outline and if they may have something to do with an error in my model?

You are correct in that I am framing with an I-joist roof system.

Your pointers are terrific and I appreciate your time.

You asked that I also add my signature to ChiefTalk as well. Please let me know the difference between ChiefTalk and where I am contacting you now.

Thanks again. You are a terrific resource and extremely responsive.

I hope you are compensated by Chief Architect for your efforts. They should at least send you a complimentary license of X12.

Mark Farrar

28 minutes ago, KnotSquare said:

You asked that I also add my signature to ChiefTalk as well. Please let me know the difference between ChiefTalk and where I am contacting you now.

ChiefTalk is for Chief Architect, HomeTalk is for Home Designer.

You need to be on ChiefTalk.

36 minutes ago, KnotSquare said:

Even with the roofs building correctly, when on Level 2, notice that there are a couple of artifacts of the Garage walls that are just outlines, and not poched. At one poiint these short wall remnants built full height outside of the livable area above the garage roof to eave of that gable end off the Master Bath and Bedroom.

Any idea what these are, why they come in as just an outline and if they may have something to do with an error in my model?

Could you post an image or 2. I don't have the model open and with the trial, unable to save. 

Are you asking about these?

ht1.thumb.png.e29b531c8dc73f1cfe98e513bbd5a955.png They are invisible walls and may be deleted.

Eric,

I have created an identical signature in Chief Talk as you suggested as a Premier user. I am unable to upload a file to that site that was 23mb and I have now reduced to 21mb. It states that I cannot upload more than 25mb each time I try to upload. Any thoughts?

Mark731285371_ReducedFiles.thumb.JPG.18efd10951eda34684921077708068f8.JPG