Shed Roof Fail

Robare

I've spent the better part of two days trying to get the roof to work on this design, I don't have any hair left to pull out so am now here asking for help. How do I get a single shed roof on this structure with a pitch of 1/12. High side is near the top of the picture. The design in the picture is a quick, smaller mock up of the actual size but am guessing the principles would be the same to upscale? Do I need to build all the interior walls first? Thank you!

image.thumb.png.55d04fcfa4a23222bebb13e1c106efd8.png

The roof will probably generate like this with various heights and you will need to create internal walls and vary ceiling heights to get things aligned. 

The program will want to generate separate roof planes and may not combine them into one, but by varying the ceiling heights you should be able to get close.

An upgrade to Pro would make this easy.

ht1.png

My wife and I designed our retirement house to be built on some acreage that we own. I thought by using this program it would help us with the myriad of decisions to be made as we get into the build: roof color, paint, cabinets, floors, etc. I've read everything in the Build Roof dialog/shed roof, that I could click on, multiple times, so am clearly not picking up on what needs to be done. So am not sure this mid level program does what I need or if I need to upgrade? I've attached a YouTube vid a friend of ours did of the preliminary drawings. He lives in Italy and did this as a favor for us so am not even sure what program he used, but it is what we're building. Thanks again!

Here's the plan so far. Eric you described exactly what is going on. The pic below is the closest I've come to getting the roof right and at this point I've clicked so many things I couldn't tell you how I got there. I've looked at how to adjust the wall height but didn't figure it out either. I'll do some more digging on that. Thanks!

image.thumb.png.63ba9fcc934a409b47a9b418f350dd59.png

image.thumb.png.77620de6908a6b273c3d9bbdf814e0c5.png

1 minute ago, Robare said:

I've looked at how to adjust the wall height but didn't figure it out either

You control wall heights by varying ceiling height and roof specs (pitch, type etc). Roofs build over rooms.

I really think this roof will not easily work. The software just isn't set up to build one like this.

You can upgrade to Pro. The 2021 version will be out soon. 

I could put the roof on for you, but only if you can tell me exactly where it goes, its structure, and only if it's not going to change. I don't want to be making adjustments as the plan evolves, and you will not be able to change it.

Thank you Eric. I apologize, I thought you were offering to get the roof on the house layout. I will press on with the help of the forums and tutorials. This is a great program and the resources and people have been awesome.

Just now, Robare said:

I thought you were offering to get the roof on the house layout.

I did offer. The test plan is just that. Open it, see if you can update the materials as you like. You will not be able to change the shape of the roof.

If you are able to change things, I'll do the actual plan.