Detached Garage walls are floating in the air above the Terrain

AustinCliff

The terrain site (200 x 200) is built with a 14-foot slope downward from left to right.

The exterior walls for the home site have been added with the foundation displaying correctly in 3D (lower on the left, higher on the right, and situated on the terrain).

When I add an exterior wall for a detached garage site (positioned further to the left of the home), the wall lines up with the home walls and does not sit on the terrain.

The wall is 'floating' in the air above the terrain here the garage is being built.

What setting removes the garage wall from being lined up with the home walls?

I hope this explanation makes some sense to someone.

Any help would be appreciated.  If you need additional clarification,  let me know.   

Thank you.

Check out the Snipping Tool for making screen captures. It lets you select parts of the screen creating a better view. What you posted is really small :)

To answer your question, everything drawn on a specific level is referenced to the floor of that level. Level 1 floor is 0".

The software uses the concept of a room -- once you create a room by connecting walls, you can then control the elevation of that room, raise or lower the ceiling etc.

Draw the remaining walls, open the room specification dialog and place a negative value in for Floor. The ceiling height will then need to be changed unless you want it to match the house.