Stairs Against Insulated Basement Wall

House2

Hello All,

I have a set of stairs coming up from an insulated basement. In the 3D view, the studs and insulation are plainly visible at the point the stairs transition from the basement to the first floor.  What's the correct fix for this, a soffit to hide things? 

Searching has provided no help.

Thanks.

StairProblem.jpg

9 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

Manually align the "Sheetrock" layers on the inside, in other words you do it in the model the same way you would in reality.

DJP

This is coming up from a basement. Concrete foundation wall that the 1st floor wall is on top of. 

The wall in question sits inboard and is there to contain insulation and to provide something to attach a finish surface (drywall) to.

I did use the soffit tool. Since I was unable to find any real world examples of how builders handle this sort of thing, I decided to make the top of the soffit even with the level 1 finished floor.  A picture is attached.

It is amazing how many pictures on the web show stairs against uninsulated basement walls.

BTW,  a screened porch is on the other side of the level 1 wall to the right in the picture.  I may place a window there before I am done. 

StairProblemSoffit.jpg

When I have run into this in the real world( actually building the house), a nice piece of 1x trim to match the rest of the house laid on top of the wall tight tp the drywall easily solves the problem...and a bonus is the working area in the stairwell has added room area...

• Downvote 1