Bay Window Roof Question

ThreeKingsConst

Go to solution Solved by Jo_Ann,

Hello All,

I'm a new user of the Home Designer products, and have thoroughly enjoyed the software thus far.  I'm having an issue changing the roof material over a bay window only.  I have a bay window on the front elevation on a full gable wall.  I'd like to edit the material to copper just over the bay window section while leaving the rest of the roof material a CertainTeed laminated shingle that I downloaded from the provided catalog. 

I've tried using the material painter, and have also tried breaking the wall on either side of the window to no avail.  Any recommendations and/or help would be greatly appreciated.

Please let me know if any other information is needed, and I'd be glad to provide whatever information possible.

I'm working in Home Designer Architectural 2015.

Thanks.

post-620-0-14437400-1418772079_thumb.pngpost-620-0-14437400-1418772079_thumb.png

To post a photo would have been helpful.

However...Have a tiled window. 

Click 3D and perspective overview or Shift + K

then hold   shift +F6

Then tap the space bar

Then click in the 3D view

Then click the spray can at the top of the icon bar

Then the search bar will appear.

Then either search for the material or select it from the  list after you click the arrow next to the material grey arrow. 

I have supplied two photos for you to have a look at.

Then click the spray can mark "C" at the left hand bottom of your screen

See photo

Then click in the perspective 3D view on the item you want to paint the cursor should look like a grey spray can. Good luck

Note if you click on something and it does not work take note of how your cursor looks. You may have to tab the space bar as you are trying to select something while the previous item is still selected. Mmm hope that did not confuse you.

post-620-0-91705400-1418772134_thumb.png

post-620-0-51310200-1418772203_thumb.png