Gable/roof line tool stopped working

MommyDoGood

Help Please!  I am drawing my existing house in PRO.  Everything was fine until I changed the roof pitch from 8/12 to 6/12.  My house has a gable on the right side over the garage door and a window, so I used the gable/roof line tool.  It worked beautifully and the house was done.  Then I changed all the pitches to 6/12 and the gable on the right disappeared.  I have tried everything to get it back.  I even deleted the roof and started over.  Nothing has worked.  What am I doing wrong?  I am trying to avoid doing manual roofs because when I go to do our remodel addition, I don't want the manual roofs to get messed up.  Also, this tool should be working and it is a mystery to me what happened.  Any assistance is appreciated.  Thank you.  

Google maps house.JPG

Pic.JPG

Current_Plan.plan

I'm using PRO 2019.  I cannot break the wall because the window and garage door disappear.  That would certainly be the easiest, but this gable/roof line tool is specifically designed to make a gable where you cannot break the wall.  I just don't understand why is suddenly stopped working.  

Question for Eric & DJP:
How would you fix this if it were done in HD Architectural, which has no manual roof tools?

Scenario:
1. Slide the bath window out of the way, put in the wall break.
2. CTRL X the garage door, and put in the wall break. Open the wall section and set as "gable".
3. Slide the bath window back into original position...No problem.
4. Paste/Hold Position the garage door back in place.  NOW there's a problem.

If the garage room is designated as "unspecified", then the door is normal.
As soon as it is re-set to a "garage", the problem reappears.

Why does this happen, and how is it fixed?

image.thumb.png.f5c021008f593292690c5c02e90c2f97.png

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jo_Ann said:

Question for Eric & DJP:
How would you fix this if it were done in HD Architectural, which has no manual roof tools?

Scenario:
1. Slide the bath window out of the way, put in the wall break.
2. CTRL X the garage door, and put in the wall break. Open the wall section and set as "gable".
3. Slide the bath window back into original position...No problem.
4. Paste/Hold Position the garage door back in place.  NOW there's a problem.

If the garage room is designated as "unspecified", then the door is normal.
As soon as it is re-set to a "garage", the problem reappears.

Why does this happen, and how is it fixed?

On reflection, one could make a copy of the original plan, delete the doors and windows that are "in the way", wall break the section of wall, designate it "Gable wall" on the "Roof Tab". Then auto-build roofs. To finish up you could copy-paste-paste-hold-position from the saved plan to put the windows and doors back, then discard the copy when completely finished. How about that?

I believe that this is not a question of "Why does this happen, and how is it fixed?" but rather choosing which way one wishes to arrive at a product, noting to "fix" just make it go right no matter what!

DJP

ERIC..You get the gold star!

That is exactly what I did to "fix" the problem. 

But, I only used the pony wall exactly where the door molding begins, eliminating having to do any fill-in.

Someone using Suite, would have to make that portion of the wall "invisible", and then deal with filling in above the door with a soffit or box shape.

I still don't know why this happens.  Is it a programming glitch (?), kind of like the "Widow's Walk" (glitch?).

image.thumb.png.c7b8ecc34f0b078f896eec9b30eae3f5.pngimage.thumb.png.d240d2f6f9ee90f894027faf140366bc.png