Can anyone help design the roof to look like the pictures .Ive attached the file from home designer pro. Any help would be appreciated.

rosbelgtz73

7 minutes ago, rosbelgtz73 said:

Is there a way to add the wood post like in the picture?

Look under "Build - Framing - Post" or you can just create a custom slab and then configure it to emulate a post, heck you can even use a "Soffit" (under cabinet tools) to emulate a post.

Relative to building "Auto Build Roofs" the results are based upon how you programmed it to come out, if it is "wrong" your settings are wrong.

DJP

2 hours ago, DIG5050 said:

Rosbelgtz73, were you able to get the roof the way you want it?

I have not. I just bought the program so I’m still going thru the learning stage. That’s why I was wondering if you could share the file so I can go thru the options and see where I went wrong. I create a regular house and the basic roof planes. Where I have an issue Is when I have different height roof planes plus different wall heights. Let me know if you can share it would mean a lot for me. Thanks for you interest in helping out.

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

Attached is your edited plan and below is a YouTube video of me trying to sort it out for you:

DJP

Craftman-DJP.zip

Thanks I will go through the videos. One more question I had was how do you remove the xs that are on the drawing. I know I added them through preferences  but when I deselected the option they didn’t come off.

9 minutes ago, rosbelgtz73 said:

Thanks I will go through the videos. One more question I had was how do you remove the xs that are on the drawing. I know I added them through preferences  but when I deselected the option they didn’t come off.

Watch the video where part of it was removing the "current points"

DJP