Roof Anomaly

chiefjdennis

Hey Eric... thanks for the reply.  I would suspect the addition "entry" room roof ridge would go straight from its gable wall to the garage roof.  You can see in the attached photo that there's an additional section of roof being added somehow (circled in red).   With regards to the main house roof in the previous screen capture... I didn't happen to have the proper "doll house" view.  If you have a moment... maybe you could load the plan file and rotate the camera view.  The issue is much easier to see than to describe.

Forum_Q1_A.jpg

That's a definite option.  My initial thought was I must have created an inner wall incorrectly causing the roof issue... Thinking it through further I realized that it wouldn't be a good idea for water to shed directly towards the main house from the addition roof.  Hence the program is rendering the roof correctly according to the design.  In other words, we wouldn't want a design that didn't include the red section of roof shown below as you depicted.   Just curious how you got the program to design it that way?

Forum_Q1_B.jpg

6 minutes ago, chiefjdennis said:

Hence the program is rendering the roof correctly according to the design.  In other words, we wouldn't want a design that didn't include the red section of roof shown below as you depicted.

Exactly

6 minutes ago, chiefjdennis said:

Just curious how you got the program to design it that way?

Manual roofs using Chief Premier. Not sure how you could get Architectural to do it.

I don't think manual design is an option in Architectural... Thank you for spending the time looking at this... much appreciated   I'm not sure if premier designs will open in my version but would you mind sending the first design you mentioned... that's another great possibility!

Forum_Q1_C.jpg