Room dimension help needed

jess1972

Hey all

I'm trying to change the room dimensions for specific rooms. Certain rooms require measurements from different parts, rather than a default area.

Any idea how to do this other than turning off dimensions in display options? It would be for a couple of rooms only.

Also, can we add arrows on the interior walls to show where the measurements are calculated from?

Thanks all

Jamie

Hey Eric
I'm using Chief Architect. I've attached a quick image to explain what I am trying to achieve.
I'd like to change the dimensions on the bedroom name. I can do this by removing the dimensions, but it does it for all labels. I'd like to just do it for one or a few of them. It takes the dimensions from the walls that equal more than 50%. If it's a built out closet, I'd still like to show the actual room dimension, not to the closet for example.

Also 2nd thing I am trying to do is have arrow or some kind of indicator showing where a measurement has been taken from. I can do this in autocad, but can't seem to find an easy way to do it here, or at least an automatic way without pasting something manually. (see the 2nd image)

chief.JPG

chief 2.JPG

This forum is for Home Designer software users (I know "Chief Architect" makes this software but in order to help you, like Eric said, we need to know what software title and version of that title you have. If you , in fact have "Chief Architect Premier or Interiors" software, the right forum for that is "Chief Talk" and not here.

Your question is a simple one and is the same exact answer in all Chief Architect and Home Designer software.

You read up on the "Dimension Tools" and their "Default Settings" and then all becomes clear.

Here is a short YouTube video to show you: https://youtu.be/ZCuzzFXPpO0 (I am sorry I forgot to "turn on" my microphone for the video - No Sound)

DJP