Print issue Pro 2020

ricatic

I have been working and learning for a few months now...I have made great progress...in fact, I have designed three separate projects...there have been struggles but I plodded on...a lack of any real CAD experience was somewhat offset by substantial field experience as a Construction Manager...I have lurked here and gleaned so much knowledge from the knowledgeable and helpful contributors...thanks for what you do...

I am using HD Pro 2020 and just acquired a Brother MJC 6545 DW printer...on the whole the printer works great...

The question: While working through the various steps required to setup Layout pages, I also saved the plan to a PDF...The printer did accept the change and printed accordingly and printed at 96dpi...now though, I want to print in typical HD Pro quality but the program seems to be locked in the 96 dpi mode...I have read the documents and watched video but remain stuck in that mode...

A second question: after reading and watching video, I am unable to figure out how to make text display larger than default when added to any print project...

Any help is appreciated

Regards

26 minutes ago, ricatic said:

how to make text display larger than default when added to any print project...

Are you referring to a Layout when you say "print project"?

ht1.thumb.png.14bdfb03e4da888b15154f8bf5f6b9d4.png

The typical workflow when printing a Layout is to print to PDF from Pro, then print the PDF. The print quality is chosen when printing.

31 minutes ago, ricatic said:

seems to be locked in the 96 dpi mode

What makes you say this?

Yes, I am working with layout mode...

locked in 96dpi means that all attempts to get back to the print quality for the pages from initial printing have failed...every time I click on the printer icon in HD2020 it reverts to 96 dpi...

as to your work flow statement... I believe that your directions is the route I took...

are you saying all layout printing is done a pdf???...I remain confused...

Regards

Eric

I so appreciate your help...

Prior to sending the sheet to layout, I see exactly what you show...600 dpi...after sending to layout, clicking on the printer icon in the toolbar changes back to 96 dpi...

Working in field today...not at my computer so no way to post image or file...

Regards

• 8 months later...
12 hours ago, Mario_Rapinett said:

I'm about to purchase similar printer .  I look forward to more info on this topic.  thanks

Mario

As this thread is 9 moths old I felt your post deserved an update of my experience...Firstly, I am more than satisfied with the printer...It took a bit of trial and error to get layouts to look like "I" wanted...if you purchase this printer, just hang in there while arranging your printing defaults...

One other thing that changed the printing game is I upgraded to HD 2021 Pro when it became available...HD 2021 Pro added new print capabilities that I desired...and immediately put to use...

Unknown to me, my brother bought the Brother laser version similar in features to the ink jet printer. He is also quite pleased with his choice...

Regards

Thanks for the feedback...   I think many of us have experienced printer  problems since the dot matrix days when they first came out.   I was often asked to fix company printer's in my lecturing days.   I'm currently using MFC-J6520DW , but not for CAD work....

thanks again...   cheers mate

"M"

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_mario_rapinett.html