Strange Blue Grid in plan view

chbri99

Hello, This is my first time posting a question on the forum so be gentle, thanks. I have a plan for a new house here it has a basement and 2 floors above. The strange thing is that the basement and the first floor are situated on a white rectangle surrounded by a blue grid. The second floor is situated directly above the first floor but it is not inside the white rectangle, in fact it's partly in the rectangle and partly in the strange blue grid. I did not create the white rectangles or the blue grid as far as I can tell. I have a screen shot attached. Please drop whatever you are doing and focus all your time and energy into this issue, thank you in advance. 

bluegridview-1-16-19.dxf

Welcome to the forum

For anyone to help you they first need to know what software you are using, its name and version.

Secondly, I looked at your posted ".dfx" file and it basically communicated nothing to me (I have been using Chief Architect and Home Designer software for about 25 years and I have never seen anything like what you posted, much less have an opinion of how you produced it).

What camera type was used to create the ".dfx" file please?

Posting screen capture images of what you are seeing is a better communication vehicle than a ".dxf".

Even better is to share a copy of your problem plan file, so others can see what you see and also be able to inspect the settings.

DJP

Hi David, thank you for your rapid response! I'm using Home Designer Pro 2016. The ".dxf" was the designation given to the file once I used the "Export Current View" command from the Home Designer Pro "File" menu. The camera view is in "Floor Plan" I believe. I'm attaching a screen grab from my cell phone just for now. I'm not sure how to share a copy of the plan file yet. 

IMG_7234.JPG

From the image, I am not sure as to what I am seeing. It appears to be an unusually dark "Snap Grid" which can be turned on or off using the provided tool icon or under the "View Menu - Snap Grid" but that is still just a guess. The image is better than the .dxf but still kind of pixelated and hard to see.

I have been using this software for about 25 years and I cannot remember ever seeing anything like what you have.

It may be a wrong setting. It may be a problem with your video card and how it displays (does it meet the "Minimum Requirements" to run Home Designer Pro?)

The image seems to show an attempt to print from a plan view (I clearly see the "Show Sheet" tool turned on but the plan view is not centered ("File - Print - Center Sheet") should center the view for plan view printing.

If you could share a copy of your plan file, others could then see how the file preforms on their PC or Mac and that information might be helpful to you.

That is about it for now.

DJP

Hi David, I must have created that grid when I was preparing to print? I pulled down the view menu like you said and at the bottom there was a tool called "drawing sheet". There was a check mark next to this command, when I unchecked it the grid disappeared. Thank you.