How do you rotate Geometric Shapes on the Z-Axis?

xJonQx

In HD Pro 2020, how can you rotate Geometric Shapes (this works fine for other library items) on the Z-Axis?

I'm trying to rotate a vertical cylinder to show the path of a main water line but it doesn't result at all in what I wanted.

Here you can see me trying to rotate it in the camera view:
2020-01-11_175906.thumb.png.c352d71cb53eb4646262c0d60a22fa9f.png

But it winds up skewing the object instead of rotating it:
2020-01-11_180551.thumb.png.facaa419290bec281ab9a1a84dbe1ad5.png

This seems like such a basic operation but I can't figure out how to do it with a geometric shape.

This works for other library objects like furniture. I was able to get a gutter downspout to rotate the way I needed:
2020-01-11_181256.thumb.png.d46a576786d731df3ebf9de9a1a9c783.png

Can anyone explain to me how to achieve this with Geometric Shapes? Or a clever workaround with another object? (I tried using a flagpole for a pipe but it's too tapered when you shorten it)

Thanks,

Jon

I have looked carefully and all the wedges are standing on edge.  I have got around it by rotating a square slab 45 degrees and sinking it a few mm below the height of the square slabs so that it looks like a square slab cut in half (which is how the landscapers would have to do it anyway)  Oddly enough, the half spheres can be rotated upside down, and so can some of the other geometric shapes (HD Pro) but not the wedges.  If you think I have missed seeing something can you attach a screenshot of the shape you're referring to?

@IngeJones

It's usually best to start a new thread even when your question is similar.

It also helps to post an image or drawing showing what you want to do.

7 hours ago, IngeJones said:

I have got around it by rotating a square slab 45 degrees

Have you tried reshaping a slab to fit? Place a slab, grab one of the side or corner handles and drag ...

Yes I tried that - the shape insists on remaining rectangular.  I can make any size or shape of rectangle I want.   I want one that looks like a square sidewalk concrete slab but cut in half diagonally.  I can't find a picture of one already done as they are usually cut on-site 

image.png

Hmm well I've just gone and tried that but I can't seem to control the dimensions (only the thickness), or get the hypoteneuse straight when I pull in a corner handle.  When you buy paving slabs from Wickes they are standard sizes.  I think the geometric shapes are the only items that offer sufficient shape and dimensional control.  And it won't let me pull in the middle like you have it in your second image.

Brilliant - thanks!  Now I can control slabs :)  Only one reason it might not work for me in this particular situation, although that might be my fault for not thinking about it in the right way to start with, is that the squares I already made to represent the types of paving slabs I would be buying, I spent ages tweaking a material that had a tile grid texture on it so that you can just see the dark edges around the edge of the slabs.  That means when I duplicate and arrange them, their grid stays relative to the individual slabs so I can always see the grout lines.  In a Build->Slab type of item, the pattern seems to remain relative to the world, so as I move them, they can get the grout lines crossing in the middle of the slab etc.  Also they are happy to be dragged to overlap, which makes it not as easy to lay them.  But your video will definitely help with other situations I may need, so thank you :)