vaulted roof

2build

I am trying to build a second floor that is only 48" high at the perimeter of my home. Then a simple 12:12 pitch SIP roof covers the rectangular structure. The SIP design gives me a complete vault. I declared the height of the wall when I built the floor. I am not sure what happened but the outside walls are now taller than even an 8' wall. I am guessing when I used doors, and interior walls, the roof was automatically redrawn to accommodate these standard sizes. I have no idea how to go in and lower everything. I tried lowering objects from a perspective view, but not sure how to lower them all and get the roof to fall. I need to combine a 48" wall with gable to the roof apex on the ends of the building. I stated it was a simple rectangle but is actually two rectangles as the garage has a smaller width.

I think I have my signature turned on. I am using Pro I tried fixing some of the walls to be only 48" and now I have an interior wall coming through the roof.This is a view of the garage end which has a sip loft over stick built garage. As seen, the outside wall should only be 48" but looks actually taller then the standard stick wall below.

.image.thumb.png.9f7c78e58ef97fd89e85d807943399d9.png

There are several ways to cause what your image shows:

1. when you manually edit or alter a wall polyline, that edit remains until you recheck "Default Wall Bottom or Top" in the walls dialog box

2. you may have manually drawn the offending wall and then not programmed it to be an "Attic Wall, No Locate & No Room Define" which would allow it to stick through the roof

Posting a copy of your problem plan can allow one to know exactly what is happening.

DJP