Microsoft OneDrive as a cloud backup

odesign

Does anyone have any experience using Microsoft OneDrive as a cloud backup service for Home Designer Pro files?  I did upload a test Home Designer .plan file to OneDrive and later downloaded it and it seemed to open all right. I just wanted to check to see if anyone had experienced any problems with their files and OneDrive. 

Thanks,

Tom Oakley

I use Carbonite as a back up service. One Drive is basically a cloud based web storage which I use mainly to transfer files too large to send by email (above 20 Mb). I also use One Drive as a redundant back up service (I would not trust it as my primary back up service based upon my experience with it. I have also used Dropbox and no longer use it due, again to my experiences using their services. There are others but of them, I only recommend Carbonite.

DJP

I use OneDrive for my HomeDesigner Pro 2020 and have not had any issues at all. The family 'office' package is a great deal for about $100/year you get 5 accounts with 1TB each and all the office software too. The only problem is that you have to organize your working folders into the OneDrive structure, you can't just randomly pick which folders to replicate.