Using PDF to create home plan in Chief Home Design Architectural 2019

dmcouch1975

How do you use PDF's to create  or modify a home plan? I am a beginner so I am very lost using this program. I have watch YouTube videos but they are not for my version and make no sense to me. I have a home plan I want to build but I want to modify it to fit my needs perfectly. Can anyone help me please?

Did you review the articles on the Home Designer site? I'm not sure what anyone here could add.

If you have a specific problem, or don't understand something, please ask.

What "makes no sense"?

If you have a complete plan that includes dimensions, you may just need to draw the plan using the dimensions.

You import the PDF or image into your software in plan view. Then check it dimensions using Home  Designer dimension tools to verify it is as close as possible to its annotated dimensions it came in with. You can, if necessary enlarge the image or PDF by left-click-draging one of its corners out to enlarge or inward to make it smaller until its annotated dimensions match as closely as is possible (you can use dimension tools to make the 3D walls more exact with Home Designer dimension tools. Then trace over the exterior walls and interior walls, doors and windows using Home Designer wall, window and door tools to a point where you can then discard the imported image or PDF.

This is a Chief Architect video but may help you get going (Chief Premier has tools that Home Designer does not):

The process in Home Designer is similar but not exactly the same

DJP

You guys are so awesome!! Thank you for showing me. I was doing it right I just was not getting it big enough. I know I need to learn the Program and I am trying but my patience gets a little short at times. I have had this program almost a year and I feel like I haven't learned anything except how to do walls. I have tried unsuccessfully to learn the roofing tools but I gave up. I can do a basic gable but this plan I am working has a very complicated roof and I will probably have to go to the architect that drew this plan to help me finish the changes I want to make. I was hoping this program would help me prevent that. Again thank you guys so much for your time.

In your program, found IN the "Build Roof Dialog" on the "Roof Styles" tab are short HELP articles on how to set up Home Designer Architectural to then "Automatically" create all basic roof types. Read the articles for the types you need and want, then practice in simple "Test Plans" (you simply draw a rectangular box with walls and then do the set up instructions you learned from the Help articles until you get it right each time. Only then do you  then apply it to your intended House.plan file)

DJP