Multiple Materials/Colors on a Gable Wall

solver

Thanks Elovia and David. 

David -- I tried using a pony wall. Did not seem to work on an attic wall. Also tried building a very short second floor, then raising the ceiling to the ridge, which sort of worked.

Thought of using a Custom Backsplash sometime in the night.

Tried it this morning and it works.

Eric, glad you worked it out. Actually I did a video showing how to do as I suggested and while doing so found that the pony wall tool no longer works as it did in earlier versions. So I submitted the video to Tech Support with a bug report about lost proper function. We will see what comes.

DJP

David -- Have you used Material Regions in X6?

Yes with no problems.

After I tried to make a video of using a gable pony wall I found that the tool does not work as expected and I have submitted a bug report about that specific application of pony walls in gables. It used to work perfectly in older versions but does not now properly function as it used to.

There are many more choices in Chief Permier than Home Designer software so I try and answer questions here just for HD software.

DJP

Elovia, how do you make a "soffit wedge" please in Home Designer software?

DJP

If the pony wall method David describes doesn't work for you, a thin overlay with soffits and wedges should work ... albeit with a bit more work and attention to detail.

Good luck.  :)

The soffit from the cabinetry menu (or the closed box shape from the library - although, the box has a minimum thickness and may not be appropriate), and the wedge from the shapes library.  The isometric wedge (on end) may be used at the peak of the gable.