Foundation heights, part II?

4ndrew

Hi all,

There are a few foundation height questions about varying them, but I didn't find any that seem to address what I'm looking for.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out if/how we can have foundations at different heights for non-connected structures, then connect them with stairs/ramps later. This would come in handy on a sloped lot, for example.

Ideally, I'd like to change nothing in the structure except the bottom-most elevation (height) of the foundation. For example, I draw a structure. Then, I want to draw another, not connected to the first, 3 feet lower. And, in addition, change the vertical location of an entire structure. 

So far, I haven't discovered a way to do this. Might be simple but as with some other things I don't know what command/menu item to look for. 

foundations.thumb.png.0dca4315af9279922ff1faaacfc577d6.png

13 minutes ago, solver said:

Foundations are rooms. Open it and adjust as needed.

ht1.thumb.png.9a53def59bd7ca11e2c356ae46d818bc.png

Morning Eric - I didn't find any single "height adjustment" that allows me to make a change & updates all related numbers automatically. For example, I can drop the foundation, but the ceiling stays in the same place. 

In other words, if I know the 2nd structure I'm drawing has a foundation bottom 36" lower than that of the first, can I somehow get HDP to recognize that, and base the structure I'm working on on that new 36" lower height? (red line is the elevation for which I'd like to drop the base 36".) 

foundations2.thumb.png.ce96371acc928eee1fb50d5b80663104.png\

I thought I might be able to figure something out using different floors, but with my limited knowledge, that was a bigger mess.

This is what I'm saying - yes, I can adjust that, but the ceiling stays where it is. I suppose there's no way to lock everything so that I can adjust a single height somewhere & have everything else follow along? Not sure what's going on in your pic, but when I lower the floor of the building on the right, here's what I get. I want the -entire- structure to drop by 100".

foundations3.thumb.png.b371fa2b3780a1d52d01ec77e93780c3.png

19 minutes ago, 4ndrew said:

I suppose there's no way to lock everything so that I can adjust a single height somewhere & have everything else follow along?

Nope.

It's a bit frustrating, I know.

Just reset the other settings to their defaults working from the top down.

• Upvote 1