Cheap and dirty

RobinD

If you open the file you will see the second floor sticking up like a sore thumb. Is there a quick and easy way to lower the roof height in that second floor. I've played around with changing fascia and ridge top height but get goofy results. I've set the wall height for the rooms but that doesn't show in 3D views. It would be nice if one could select the roof and just drag it down to whatever height one wanted.

12.20.19 second floor solar.zip

Edited by RobinD
wrong word
  • Downvote 1

Adding an image so others may not need to download and open the plan is always helpful :)

I did not look at the plan, but you can easily change a roofs height with Transform/Replicate, or from within the roof plane dialog.

What sort of "goofy results" are you getting -- pictures?

New build. Design is driven by my desire to use solar for space heating and the lay of the land. The property is heavily wooded with deep valleys and there is really only one spot to economically plant a house. I'm retired and single so it doesn't need to be any larger. I'm a big fan of hard working Rumford fireplaces so that is the focus of the great room. If the budged allowed I would do real timber framing in the great room but the beams provide that ambiance without the expense. My existing FSBO home is similar in design. If you want check it out at:  www.northern-mi-rustic-charmer.info

The home will be of Southwestern flavor thruout. I see you are from AZ. If you know of any legit but affordable suppliers of Native American "stuff" let me know.