Adjust material definition issue

gatorgrabber

I have HDP 2020 and I'm trying to rotate tongue and groove ceiling materials 90 degrees from how they appear. Following the online tutorials, I selected the object and used the 'Adjust Material Definition' button to enter into the display box. I changed the angle on the material 90 degrees and the small display box reflected the change, just like the tutorial. I then clicked OK, which took me back to the 'perspective full overview' screen I started on and...no change. I repeated the process with the same result (definition of insanity?). Rats!

Any suggestions? I've tried other materials, again, following the tutorial, and get the same result. Help please! :wacko:

Solver,

Thanks for the quick reply; I've updated my signature and turned it on. I spent almost 2 hrs searching the normal resources (forums, KB, YouTube) before I posted anything. I just went back and tried your suggestion to do both patterns and textures...no luck. Then, doing what I should have done in the first place, I shut everything down and rebooted...success! Ya gotta love computers. Thanks again. :)