Roof View Editing

SBCWyoming

I'm creating elevations for a home I've designed, which is easy using "cross sections/ elevations" and then sending it to a layout. However, I need an aerial view, looking directly down on the roof surface, that I can add dimensions to, like the cross sections/ elevations allows. I can rotate and view the roof with the orthographic view tool, but I'm not able to input text, dimensions, etc with that tool. It wouldn't be a big deal, but Home Designer Pro doesn't support the Arch D (24 x 36) paper, so I can't print that size to scale. Yes, that's what all my subs want so that they can actually read it to quote or on the job. I don't do enough design work to justify upgrading to the Chief Architect full version.

3 minutes ago, solver said:

Well, I just went in and added all of the roof dimensions (eves, gables, etc) to the individual elevations, so I'm not sure I need to now. I'd still like the option to show the measurements in that view though. If that's a possibility. I'd really prefer that they add Arch d to the print options, but I doubt that happens. Thanks!!

You can print to 11x17 and then format your text annotations and scale annotations as if the end product is twice as large. You then go to your print shop and have then scan full sized 11x17 sheets, and then scan and resize those twice as large and then print the final at 24x36 paper (that is why you call out the original scales of 1/8=1' to 1/4"=1' because that is what you have in the final printed product.

You can create an orthographic overview and then select "Top View" under camera orientations and then send to your 11x17 layout at 1/8 scale and then annotate the scale as 1/4"=1' scale for resizing by 200% on 24x36 paper,

Or upgrade to Chief Premier where paper size is not any kind of problem.

DJP