Half Open Half Walled Staircase

UnSimpleFix

Hello. I'm trying to make a staircase where the upper section of the staircase is enclosed with walls on both sides, but the bottom 4-6 stairs are open with balusters that go from the railing into treads that extend beyond the width of the walls, and the railings end in the short face of the walls:

wrought-iron-stair-railing-kits-canada-balusters.jpg

I drew standard interior walls that end where I want the enclosed part of the staircase to end, then I drew stairs wider than the walls with "open underneath" unchecked. The problem is the stairs cut off the walls all the way up the entire staircase.

I've searched the KB and Q&A and didn't find anything, but I see in the first intro image in the KB for "Creating a Staircase", this exact thing appears to be shown, but it does not tell you how to cut the staircase with walls like this.

420-prettypicc-11.png?1557362762

I have Home Designer Pro 2020. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew

That's 2 stairs. You won't be able to do the handrails as shown, but I believe everything else is doable.

Draw a single stair to get the dimensions/sizing correct, copy in place (now have 2 stairs in same place), lock the top and change the number of steps to make the upper part. Select the lower stair, lock the bottom and set the number of steps and change the width.

This should get you close.