Monolithic slab, no footings, stem wall on 2 sides only

JAMICHAU

I own HD Architectural 2020 and just rented HD Pro 2020 hoping it would get me what I need.  So far, no luck.

I'm trying to draw a simple 12'x16' storage shed with a slab floor and 24" stem walls on only 2 sides (the ground has a slight slope and required retention on 2 sides).  The slab is 4" thick and floor to stem wall top is 20".  The idea is to frame atop the stem walls with 8' studs and frame the other two walls with studs 116", so all walls will be same height. 

I've been working for 3 hours and striking out. The closest I've gotten is to create stem wall all around, then to remove the stem wall on 2 sides by removing the check mark from Foundation Wall in the Wall Specification dialogue, which left the framing suspended 20" above the floor. See uploaded plan.  I even then deleted the wall and re-created it, but it remained suspended.

Any ideas?  Thanks

HDPro Updated Shed 16x12.plan

I had tried that, but didn't understand how it worked and did it wrong.  Thank you!  I re-created it by beginning with a flat slab (there isn't really an official "foundation") and building individual walls.  I've included a PDF of how it looks, so far.

The problem now is it isn't being treated as a room.   There is no Room Specification dialogue associated with the drawing.  I can't find how to set the length of the studs for framing, or even see what they are currently.....

Pony Wall 12x16 Shed.pdf

14 minutes ago, JAMICHAU said:

I can't find how to set the length of the studs for framing, or even see what they are currently.....

You set the ceiling height, not the stud height.

22 minutes ago, JAMICHAU said:

The problem now is it isn't being treated as a room.

Start a new plan.

Draw a slab, change its top to be at 0".

Draw 4 walls forming a room using the outline of the slab -- walls will snap to it.

Open the room -- you will select the slab first, so tab again and watch the status bar to see what is selected. Set it as Open Below. 

You should now have your basic structure. Change walls to pony walls etc.

Suuuuuh-weet!  Halleluja!

Thank you, Eric!  I was completely unaware of the Tab key trick.  After tabbing to the Rooms layer, I had to use the Open Object button image.png.3f80864fb6b1a4216d2fb16792cb22b6.png to get to the Room Specs. Couldn"t get there by clicking on the drawing.   I successfully set the ceiling to 122".  Here's how it looks now:

image.thumb.jpeg.b1b26c7961c414f39cd51dc2f62b094c.jpeg