changing wall heights, stem wall and ceiling heights

Trueburton

I am trying to build a simple garage with 12' ceilings, 42" foundation wall and an 8" drop from SWT to finish floor. When I change one number is changes the others, I go back and forth and feel like I am chasing myself in circles. I must be changing a value not meant to be changed. I have got the desired results a couple times but when I click OK and go into the cross section view, it as changed back to the original values. Is there a default setting I need to overide? Also, for getting the desired stem wall height and ceiling heights am I only suppose to change the absolute values and not the relative values? This seems way more difficult than it should be, there must be a simple step I am overlooking.  Thanks!

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, Trueburton said:

I am trying to build a simple garage with 12' ceilings, 42" foundation wall and an 8" drop from SWT to finish floor.

Set your garage defaults and build the foundation.

37 minutes ago, Trueburton said:

but when I click OK and go into the cross section view, it as changed back to the original values.

Instead of pressing Enter to exit a dialog, press Tab, check the values, then Enter. The software will adjust things that you do not see.

ht1.thumb.png.a8eab84b3cf3633f12e670004b7834ed.png