Inconsistent Floor level Issues

Muttley000

I have several different floor levels on the second floor and am having trouble sorting them out.  I believe this si making my roof messed up also.  The ceilings are several different heights.  Can someone tell me where I went wrong?  I am not awesome with the software and have dozens of hours trying to draw an addition which is the North half of the house.  Please tell me I don't have it so goofed up I need to start over!

Proposed_House_Plan_D.plan

14 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

I have several different floor levels on the second floor and am having trouble sorting them out.

Are you supposed to have several different floor levels?

15 minutes ago, Muttley000 said:

The ceilings are several different heights.

Are you supposed to have different heights?

3 minutes ago, solver said:

Are you supposed to have several different floor levels?

Are you supposed to have different heights?

The original part of the house is the southernmost square. The floors and ceilings in this part should be the same and I think they are accurate. The rest of the building is an addition and all of the first story floors should be at the same level as the original house. The second story floors in the addition should all be the same with what is yielded by a 100” finished ceiling height in the family room section of story 1. I realize the second story floors will end up a step up from the original house.  Appreciate the reply!

I've not looked at the plan, but try this.

Open defaults and go to Floors. Set your floor 1 and 2 defaults so they are correct for the existing house.

Then Edit>Reset To Defaults

Choose All Floors and Floor and Ceiling heights.

This should make everything consistent. Now go to each of the 2nd level rooms in the addition and change the Ceiling Below value, then the Rough Ceiling (in that order). 

Post back with problems.

• Muttley000 changed the title to Inconsistent Floor level Issues
23 hours ago, solver said:

I've not looked at the plan, but try this.

Open defaults and go to Floors. Set your floor 1 and 2 defaults so they are correct for the existing house.

Then Edit>Reset To Defaults

Choose All Floors and Floor and Ceiling heights.

This should make everything consistent. Now go to each of the 2nd level rooms in the addition and change the Ceiling Below value, then the Rough Ceiling (in that order). 

Post back with problems.

This seems to have worked!  Not all of the rooms on the second floor allowed me to change the ceiling below value because it was greyed out, but I was able to manually change values until I got it right.  I still have some weird roof problem but I think it best to address that in another thread.  I have modified the name of this thread slightly to better describe what the issue was in hopes that someone else will find the answer they need.  Thank you again @solver