Need to lower 1st floor ceiling height

AngieRobshaw

I'm going to suggest you start over.

Make what's now level 0, level 1, and so on.

Start a new plan, set your floor defaults, build a new blank floor setting its defaults, then copy/paste hold position from plan to plan.

Use Edit>Reset To Defaults and choose wall top and bottom heights.

You have manually adjusted many of the wall top and bottom heights. When you do this, the program will no longer automatically change them.

You have turned off auto rebuild deck framing, so the deck does not automatically lower.

Try to work with the program instead of against it.

You now know what pitch you need for the roof, so it should be set to auto build.

Changing floor settings in defaults should work -- except for all the manual adjustments you have made.

• Like 1

Here is a suggestion that trades bathroom space for privacy. You could use a pocket door between the public and private areas too.

If you wanted a larger bath, bump out the outside wall.

And I noticed your roof baseline -- it should be over the outside edge of the main layer of that outside wall, not floating out in space.

ht1.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, solver said:

Start a new plan, set your floor defaults, build a new blank floor setting its defaults, then copy/paste hold position from plan to plan.

You have manually adjusted many of the wall top and bottom heights. When you do this, the program will no longer automatically change them.

You have turned off auto rebuild deck framing, so the deck does not automatically lower.

You now know what pitch you need for the roof, so it should be set to auto build.

Changing floor settings in defaults should work -- except for all the manual adjustments you have made.

Ughh! Start over? Maybe that is best. But the hours of blood, sweat, and tears..... ;o 

I will take your advice, since what I am trying is not working. 

Thank you Solver

2 hours ago, solver said:

Eric,

That went way faster than anticipated, I guess I learned more than I thought. I'm a bit afraid to submit this for fear that I have missed a bunch, but I "think" I have it except the cedar siding over exterior right side wall doesn't go all the way up? I've deleted and redrawn with no luck.

Also, I do not know how to move level 0 up to level 1, so I left it as it was. I followed a tutorial for building a house on beams. I was afraid I would mess it up if I started playing around with it. 

Thank you for your help Eric. I will show your bathroom suggestion to the client.

Angie

Jeter Small Restart.plan

16 minutes ago, AngieRobshaw said:

Also, I do not know how to move level 0 up to level 1, so I left it as it was

You have it correct -- I was mistaken. Take a look at the Build>Floor menu. You can insert new floors, exchange floors etc. What I suggested above was to create several blank floors with defaults set, then copy/paste from floor 1 on old plan, to floor 2 on new plan.

Current problem: Go to Attic level and Delete Current Floor. You will see a bunch of unneeded invisible walls. The program will rebuild the floor automatically.

19 minutes ago, solver said:

You have it correct -- I was mistaken. Take a look at the Build>Floor menu. You can insert new floors, exchange floors etc. What I suggested above was to create several blank floors with defaults set, then copy/paste from floor 1 on old plan, to floor 2 on new plan.

Current problem: Go to Attic level and Delete Current Floor. You will see a bunch of unneeded invisible walls. The program will rebuild the floor automatically.

Eric, 

Thank you so much for your help! Seriously. A huge thank you. I've learned a ton from your corrections. 

God Bless you!

Angie Robshaw