How to use dimensions to move recessed lighting

JoshEide

I'm creating a remodel plan for my basement and I'm trying to get the spacing right for my recessed lighting. I've had a lot of difficulties trying to position the lighting. I've tried to use manual dimensions, but it doesn't always work. As in it will work for 1 light in a row, but the next one can't use that dimension to adjust it. When I have successfully used a dimension to move something I notice the dimension text is gray when it doesn't work it is blue.

I've watched a few videos of CA Premier and there are better tools, however, I only have HD Architectural 2020.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I thought that might be the answer and honestly, I'm thinking I will. I wasn't sure if that would be a feature that I would get though. As this is more of a hobby rather than my livelihood, it is a little harder to justify. Then again, I have bought power tools that I've used once for the same $300 it would be to upgrade from Arc.

Chief usually has upgrade promotions between now and the first of the new year.

You can download the Pro trial and experiment. It has a Transform/Replicate tool that makes it easy to make multiple copies at a specific interval as well as other.

ht1.thumb.png.57c919cc65be0587fb63e3f0d33ca2f9.png